Spring is in full swing. That is, unless you're here in Colorado. In Colorado we are experiencing what I like to call second winter. But let’s just ignore that for a moment and think spring. Here is this week's Five Kind Things roundup:
1. Be kind to yourself and don’t skip breakfast. Try a smoothie bowl instead. Your body will thank you. Not only are they super versatile, but the combinations are endless. Here are some creative and delicious recipes to get you started.
2. This simple act of kindness by Coffee Cups and Crayons. Chalk and pennies. It doesn't get more simple than that. I can't wait to give Anistyn a handful of pennies the next time we go for a walk and see how much fun she has doing this.
3. Two words. Seed. Bombs. If you have never made these lovely concoctions, now is the time. Not only are they an amazingly easy and fun craft to do with your children, they grow to become beautiful flowers where ever your littles decide to toss them. Here is a simple tutorial. Bonus points for being the cool mom and getting one of these nifty little slingshots to launch 'em.
4. This story of a mother who, after her daughter is bullied, teaches her daughter that being kind doesn't mean being a pushover. "For every message of kindness I offer my daughter, I need to add one about the importance of standing by one’s convictions."
5. This 5 minute yoga routine. I don’t know if it’s the fact that we are midway through The Doll Kind’s Kickstarter campaign or if I’m just having an off week, but falling asleep has been difficult lately. I just can’t seem to turn my mind off! Yoga’s benefits are endless and include stress-relief, muscle strength, and yes, even improved sleep.
Have a happy weekend friends!
XO Victoria + Jackie